Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Our day....


You might wonder what Lola and I do all day. Generally, we work at a fairly relaxed pace as Lola's needs and requests(when I can figure them out) seem to change daily. Having the ablility to be home with her is so wonderful, I can't imagine having to rush off to work when she is still so wee.

Lola usually gets up around 7:30 after what was(hopefully) a full nights rest. By this time, I'm usually up, showered and ready to snuggle in for some breakfest with Lola. After some quality play time, she is usually ready for a nap by 9:00. If I'm lucky, she'll sleep until 11:00, at which time I am running around the house like a mad woman, cleaning, cooking, doing laundry or emailing. If I'm not lucky, she will usually sit in her chair with her toys while I finish off which ever task needs to be completed that day. Then, lunch, some more play and off for our afternoon walk. With Christmas coming we have been making almost daily trips to the PTC to do our shopping. This is a great walk for me, Lola naps and by the time she wakes up( if she does) we are inside the mall where there is lots of interesting stuff to look at. Plus all the people stopping us to tell me how sweet she is. That's always nice too.

By the time Wil gets home, she has usually had dinner( and maybe another short nap) and sits in her chair and "talks" to us while we eat. She really likes to watch what we are doing and smiles and giggles while she looks first at me then at Wil and back again. We can't wait until she is big enough to sit in a high chair so she can be at our level while we have dinner. Nights are tricky, they are either really good or really bad. Wil steps in and does countless loops around the house, plays and shakes with her toys for endless hours and reads her stories or takes her to watch her mobile spin. By 9:00 she is usually ready for bed( after a nice warm bath). Getting her to fall asleep involves more laps in the baby sling, and rocking and nursing. But if we doing a really good job.... I get to sleep until 7:00 am so it is definatley worth it!

No comments: