Monday, February 26, 2007

Sometimes, you just GOTA take a nap...

The past week has been busy. We have been working hard at some "sleep training". I figured it was time to address the situation. Lola would cry if I put her down but then smile and want to play when I arrived at the crib to pick her up. Heather promised me that if I stuck it out, her tried and true method would pay off in as little as 3 days. It seemed impossible but.......

She was right.

We changed our previous routine around so now we have snack, bath, story and bed with Ocean Wonders in the background. While the few minutes of crying seemed like HOURS to me, the results were definately worth it. She never cried longer than 5 minutes before I went in to check on her and sooth her. The first night, she fell asleep under our hands when we( Wil and I) were talking to her. By night number 3, all I heard was one little squeek before she drifted off. This is great for many reasons. Firstly, she understands that she can put herself to sleep without being nursed. Secondly, she sleeps through the night( now that I figured out I have to turn her night light OFF and remove her mobile or else she sees her buddies and thinks it's playtime). Thirdly, if she DOES wake up, she can usually fall back asleep herself, unless she is hungry.

Selfishly, I am thinking that I may actually get to go out one evening....

1 comment:

Heather said...

YEAH!!!! This is the best feeling ever. Your life is going to change dramatically now. Not only will sleep time no longer be a dreaded activity, but you can have some serious evening fun too! Glad it worked. I didn't want to be responsible for days of on end crying.