Friday, March 02, 2007

Our newest tricks! Boy, are we happy about it!


It's been a big learning week for Lola. She has started to roll. Yeah! I'm so happy for her. However, I can no longer leave her unattended( while I hit the bathroom in record time) and know that she can't actually "get" anywhere. She did her first roll on Wednesday when we were practicing. Yesterday, she did it all on her own. The look on her face was pretty funny as she was definately trying to figure out how she got there. This has also been accompanied by toe grabbing. For some reason, her FAVORITE time to do this is when I am trying to change her poopy bum. Go figure.


Weather is terrible today here in the GTA. After a 2 hour and near ditch experience on last nights commute, Wil opted to stay home( and safe). A good thing as when he called the office, he was told the power was out. I will be missing my first " walk and rhyme" at the PTC( Pickering Town Centre) as I am not leaving the house with the stroller in freezing rain. This new activity at the PTC will hopefully help us meet some new people. I had joined a baby group run by the Durham Health Department and have met some great Moms who are fun, interesting people to hang out with. While our official group is now over we have decided to continue meeting as it has been alot of fun and a sanity saver. Being new to the area, meeting new people has been great for Lola and myself. Having our new neighbours has also been utterly fantastic. Raq drops by regulary for tea and talks. I forsee a regular Wednesday night meeting for our guiltly pleasure tv show that just started. You'll have to figure out what it is for yourself.....

1 comment:

Heather said...

so you either watch americas next top model...or you LOVE LOST like I do.