Friday, April 17, 2009

One of these things is not like the other...



Ok, So I know I'm not suppose to compare my kids but, I'm sure I'm not the first(nor the last) to do it.

I'm just so blown away that Lola and Stella could be soooo different. It will be very interesting to see how this goes as they progress in life. As you know from my various blog entries, Lola is a mover and a shaker. She always needed to be bounced and walked around(rocking was not something she enjoyed) and she constantly needed new places to be and things to see. Stella loves to just.... sit.... and watch. She sits in her chair and looks around for long periods of time. She studies my face and the faces of others very intently, like she has something to say. The other day as she was kicking it out on the livingroom floor, I went to get Lola from her nap. When I came back downstairs with my wide awake little whirlwind, Stella had fallen asleep, in the MIDDLE of the floor, by herself. I wasn't quite sure what to do.....this had NEVER happened before!! Lola and headed to the basement to play a little Dora on the computer until Wil got home. The regular dinner activity woke Stella up, refreshed and ready to go again. Amazing.

1 comment:

n/a said...

That is ABSURD! My sister and I always wonder about those mythical babies that fall asleep on the floor... After the hour and a half ordeal that it took to get Nate to sleep tonight, I have to say, I'm a little jealous!!!