Monday, April 02, 2007

Update


Lola is changing at an alarming rate. I figured it was time to list some of her latest achievements that continue to amaze Wil and I.

1.Over the past few days she has become particularly giggly. Not that I am complaining. I love being greeted in the morning with an ear to ear grin and giggles. Either she's really happy or my bed head is really bad. I'm going to go with her being happy. The smallest things can set her off into a fit of giggles that usually ends up with the hiccups. She's loving when we move and shake her "buddies" around. She giggles when we sing songs and play peek a boo. Although, I have discovered I just actually have to say "boo" and she laughs hysterically so I don't bother to hide.

2.Lola has also learned how to roll from her stomach to her back as she doesn't really like playing on her stomach. She now actively grabs at toys and switches them from hand to hand. AND she LOVES to pitch them to the floor.

3.She learned how to sit up and knock over the Baby Einstein Blocks( thanks Lyndsey and Laurence!)While she still needs to be spotted in case she leans to far, this is a new thing for us to do, and we do it, over and over and over again.....

4.She finally likes her lady bug activity centre-WHEW- I was getting worried! She has figured out how to spin and shake the toys and gets a real kick out of bouncing around. Another thing we can do.

5. She has perfected the move we call the "shimmy shake". This involves lifting her butt of the ground for momentum and using her heels and shoulders to scuttle across the floor. This move requires constant monitoring as she has been spotted moving from one side of the room to the other in mere moments.

6. She's eating cereal everyday. Wil has been much more successful at feeding her than I have. Tomorrow, we try sweet potato.

All of these things are wonderful.

But there are 2 things she is NOT doing.

1.Napping. It continues to be a struggle to get to her take a nap, even though she is a screaming mess from being so tired. I have tried countless routines, countless locations and the only one that seems to succeed is sleeping in her stroller. Not really the best solution but the only one that seems to work.

2.She is still refusing the bottle. I now have 3 different bottle systems with 5 different nipples and 3 versions of sippy cups. She seems to hate them all. But we will keep on trying......

1 comment:

Heather said...

It truly is amazing how fast they grow...next thing you know their two...then their dating!